If you would like to see the afternoon badminton time slots revitalized, please join us at the club on Thursday November 4th at 1 PM.
The club has three afternoon badminton scheduled time slots. Since our latest reopening these time periods have not been utilized. We have heard from a few players that they have been waiting for other players to come out for these time periods. Furthermore, we have heard from a few former members that they have not yet renewed their membership, because they are not seeing any activity during the afternoon time slots when they prefer to play.
In response, we are organizing an afternoon time slot “kick-off”. We are encouraging members that prefer to play in the afternoon, to come out to the “kick-off” on Thursday November 4th at 1 PM. We are also inviting former members to come out that day as well and reconnect with us.
From this initial session, we are hoping we can jump start the other afternoon time slots as well.
If you are interested in playing regularly in an afternoon slot and can not make it on November 4th, please use the registration (the old reservation) tool on the website to let other players know your intention to play at future sessions.
Further to the July 9th message regarding the Reopening Plan for the Woodstock Badminton Club on Friday July 16, 2021; please note the following changes:
- Details of the restrictions for Step 3 include the reopening of our facility to members at 50% capacity. We have received clarification that this is based on our Fire Code for total occupancy which is 297 persons for the entire club.
- All 4 Courts are now available for doubles play during Badminton and Pickleball scheduled sessions and for open time spots.
- Capacity in the lounge and court area in total will be restricted to no more than 50 people due to social distancing (16 on the courts and 34 in the lounge)
- Use of the online screening tool is still required to facilitate tracing by Southwestern Health Unit.
- Masks and face coverings are still mandatory in the Club lounge area and downstairs.
- Club is only open for members in good standing or for new/renewal members (paid membership and waiver completion mandatory before stepping onto a court due to insurance regulations).
- All current memberships will be reactivated Friday July 16th, 2021 and new expiry dates will be issued in due course.
Stay safe and be well,
Today Premier Ford has announced that the province is moving into Step 3 of their Covid-19 Roadmap to Reopen effective 12:01 a.m. Friday July 16, 2021.
Details of the restrictions for Step 3 include the reopening of our facility to members at 50% capacity. We are interpreting this to mean that we can operate 50% of our courts (or 2 out of the 4 courts for double play) at any given time. To this end we are reactivating the online Reservation Tool which will allow up to 12 members to book into a predesignated schedule slot for badminton or pickleball. Open time spots will also be available and restricted to the reserving of only 2 courts for full play. Capacity in the lounge area will also be restricted to no more than 12 people. This means that there can be a total of 20 people in the club (8 on the courts and 12 in the lounge) at this stage of the reopening plan.
Please remember to complete the screening tool process during your booking. The confirmation of your booking is your assertion that you have completed this screening process and are declaring yourself safe to enter the Club. If your health status changes prior to your booking, then please refrain from entering the club. Masks and face coverings as well as physical distancing is still required.
Please note that this is a very fluid situation, and the province will remain in Step 3 for at least 21 days and until 80% of those eligible, aged 12 and over, have at least on shot of a Covid-19 vaccine, and 75% are fully immunized with both doses. Our hope is to be fully operational by the end of August and we will continue to be guided by the provincial government and Badminton Ontario.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind members that the non-programmed time slots (off hours) are available for either sport and may result in both sports being played at the same time on different courts. When making this reservation please precede your name with a P (for pickleball) or B (for Badminton) so that other people making a reservation can see who and what sport is already been booked. That provides members with an informed decision in the event that they choose to not want to play under these conditions. I highly recommend that when these situations occur that an unused court is maintained between the 2 in use courts wherever possible for safety purposes. Your cooperation and consideration goes a long way to ensure that our Club is a welcoming environment for all.
Finally, I have noted that the Waterloo Region is expected to join Ontario in entering Step 3 of the province’s recovery plan on July 16.
All current memberships will be reactivated Friday July 16th, 2021 and new expiry dates will be issued in due course.
Stay safe and be well,
Terry Dunnigan, President WBC
The 2021 Woodstock Badminton Club Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held Tuesday June 29th. at 7 PM. The meeting will be held virtually this year.
The AGM focuses on four items:
- Approval of the minutes of the last General Meeting.
- Reports by Board members concerning the past season’s activities and plans for the future.
- Proposed amendments to the Constitution and/or By-laws.
- Election of Officers and Board members for next 12 months.
The board is comprised of four executive and up to 8 directors. Please consider taking an active part in the management and operation of your club by letting your name stand for a board position.
If you would like to know about what is involved in being a member of the board of directors, ahead of the meeting, please contact the club Secretary or President.
Finally, please submit to the club’s secretary any motions to amend either the club’s constitution or by- laws by June 8th.