Updated September 9, 2020
The club is currently open to members only.
A member should however not come to the club:
- If experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. (e.g. fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, runny nose, stuffy or congested nose – not related to seasonal allergies, lost sense of taste or smell, pink eye, unusual headache, digestive issues, muscle aches or extreme tiredness,
- If you had close contact with anyone with respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
- If you have you traveled to an area with a high incidence of COVID-19 or had close contact with anyone who has travelled to an area with a high incidence of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you have you been in close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
Facial coverings are mandatory within our facility. It is the duty of all members and employees of WBC to ensure this policy is implemented and adhered to. The scope of this guideline is as follows:
- Persons who enter or remain in the indoor public space of the WBC facility must wear a face covering that covers the nose, mouth, and chin.
- Best efforts shall be made to ensure that persons entering the facility are wearing a face covering. Remind those entering the facility that they must wear a mask.
- The face covering must be worn inside the WBC lounge at all times.
- The face covering may temporarily be removed in the court area when members are competing or performing physical activity where wearing a face covering would inhibit the person’s ability to breathe.
- Persons who cannot safely wear a face covering for medical reasons (such as, but not limited to, respiratory disease, cognitive difficulties or difficulties in hearing or processing information.) are exempted from wearing a mask.
While at the club members must follow good hygiene practices.
- Avoid physical contact with players (eg. handshakes, fist pumps, elbow bumps).
- Sanitize hands often before and after each game, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use disinfecting spray bottles to sanitize equipment before, and after games.
- Sanitize your hands before and after utilizing the security pad.
- Practice social distancing.
- Avoid touching hands to face
- Use a clip on towel or sweat bands to wipe face
- Cough and sneeze into tissue, and dispose safely
- Players should bring their own water bottles. Please take your used water bottles with you. The water fountain will be closed. (The kitchen is open for sales Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evening.)
- Protective eye wear is recommended.
- Please refrain from using areas of the club that are marked closed (eg. change rooms and showers).
WBC Board of Directors