Updated December 21, 2020
The Ontario Government announced today a province-wide lockdown, beginning Saturday, December 26 at 12:01 a.m. Unfortunately, this means we will have to close operation until further notice.
Updated November 21, 2020
The entire Southwestern Public Health region will be moved to the Orange-Restrict tier at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, November 23. The measures in this stage are meant to reduce the number of cases. It is expected this stage will remain in effect for at least 28 days.
This move to Orange – Restrict impacts the Woodstock Badminton Club.
All existing Yellow (Protect) Zone expectations continue to be in effect. The key difference from our status as Yellow is we now need to conduct a COVID-19 screening of all participants prior to entry into the club for each and every visit. We have added this self screening questionnaire to the website that is available online. Please complete this screening process prior to your booking. The confirmation of your booking is your assertion that you have completed this screening process and are declaring yourself safe to enter the Club. For those that have already booked sessions for next week, we ask you to complete the self assessment separately (see below) as a precaution to your entry into the club.
The restrictions only allow 10 persons to utilize the courts at a time. In order to manage this limitation, WBC has implemented a reservation (booking) tool on the web site, The web site allows members to reserve one of the 10 available slots for a given time period.
Please note that we have made some temporary changes to the official Schedule within our Reservation Tool as per our WBC Schedule Policy. The changes include extending the Badminton reservation block on Tuesdays from 6 to 10 pm and adding an additional block of time for Badminton on Thursday from 5 to 7pm. These additions are to accommodate the high number of participants that normally play on these two nights but are limited by the reduction of participants to 10 players.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind members that the non-programmed time slots (off hours) are available for either sport and may result in both sports being played at the same time on different courts. When making this reservation please precede your name with a P (for pickleball) or B (for Badminton) so that other people making a reservation can see who and what sport has already been booked. That provides members with an informed decision in the event that they choose to not want to play under these conditions. We highly recommend that when these situations occur that an unused court is maintained between the 2 in use courts wherever possible for safety purposes. Your cooperation and consideration goes a long way to ensure that our Club is a welcoming environment for all.
Booking of time slots is on a first come basis.
A member should however not come to the club if they answer yes to any of the questions in the COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
Facial coverings are mandatory within our facility. It is the duty of all members and employees of WBC to ensure this policy is implemented and adhered to. The scope of this guideline is as follows:
- Persons who enter or remain in the indoor public space of the WBC facility must wear a face covering that covers the nose, mouth, and chin.
- Best efforts shall be made to ensure that persons entering the facility are wearing a face covering. Remind those entering the facility that they must wear a mask.
- The face covering must be worn inside the WBC lounge at all times.
- The face covering may temporarily be removed in the court area when members are competing or performing physical activity where wearing a face covering would inhibit the person’s ability to breathe.
- Persons who cannot safely wear a face covering for medical reasons (such as, but not limited to, respiratory disease, cognitive difficulties or difficulties in hearing or processing information.) are requested to wear a face shield.
While at the club members must follow good hygiene practices.
- Avoid physical contact with players (eg. handshakes, fist pumps, elbow bumps).
- Sanitize hands often before and after each game, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use disinfecting spray bottles to sanitize equipment before, and after games.
- Sanitize your hands before and after utilizing the security pad.
- Practice social distancing.
- Avoid touching hands to face
- Use a clip on towel or sweat bands to wipe face
- Cough and sneeze into tissue, and dispose safely
- Players should bring their own water bottles. Please take your used water bottles with you. The water fountain will be closed. (The kitchen is open for sales Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evening.)
- Protective eye wear is recommended.
- Please refrain from using areas of the club that are marked closed (eg. change rooms and showers).
WBC Board of Directors