Click here to go to reservation tool.
Please consider the following before registering for open play or booking a court
- Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19? (e.g. fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, runny nose, stuffy or congested nose – not related to seasonal allergies, lost sense of taste or smell, pink eye, unusual headache, digestive issues, muscle aches or extreme tiredness,
- Have you had close contact with anyone with respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19?
- Have you traveled to an area with a high incidence of COVID-19 or had close contact with anyone who has traveled to an area with a high incidence of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
If you answer yes to any of the questions or have concerns about a possible contact, don’t book a court but instead take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ Please contact the local public health unit at 1-800-922-0096 or telephone Telehealth Ontario for further instructions at (866) 797-0000.
WBC must manage the number of players that are using the facility at any given time. Therefore the reservation application on the web site will be used to reserve courts and to reserve a player’s spot for open group play.
- The club will be open for member play 5 days a week. (This restriction is driven by availability of staff to do daily sanitation.)
- Game play will be restricted to 2 persons per court (singles play only) to maximize social distancing.
- Only members can reserve a court.
- Only members at this time.
- No spectators.
- Carry your own masks, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes. Masks while playing are optional.
- Arrive at the club no more than 5 minutes before scheduled play time.
- Use key fob to enter by the back (east) door only. Push to open door. Avoid touching the door handle. This door needs to be kept closed at all times to ensure social distancing.
- Arrive ready to play. Use benches/chairs provided to change shoes. Use of the other seating area will be restricted until further notice and restrictions are lifted.
- Avoid touching any surfaces (e.g. stair railings, seats, entry doors, benches, net posts).
- Avoid touching shuttlecocks/balls except when serving (although there is no evidence the COVID-19 virus can be transferred off a shuttle/ball it is safer if different players do not handle the shuttles/balls.) Players can pass each other shuttles/balls by using their racquet. Servers should only use their own shuttles/balls.
- Do not change ends.
- Avoid physical contact with players (eg. handshakes, fist pumps, elbow bumps).
- Sanitize hands often before and after each game, for at least 20 seconds. Members are encouraged to bring/supply their own sanitizer. (The club has a limited amount of sanitizer. If we run out and are unable to acquire supplies, we may have to close. )
- Use disinfecting spray bottles to sanitize pickleballs and paddles before, after and between games.
- Do not use the main floor washroom. The universal accessible washroom off the lounge will be available for emergency use only. The men’s and women’s locker rooms will be closed until further notice. Please disinfect all surfaces touched after use.
- Sanitize your hands before and after utilizing the security pad.
Note – By making an appointment, you accept that there is an increased risk of exposure to COVID-19 until a vaccine is created and administered to all members. The WBC is doing its best to provide a safe facility, however there is no guarantee that the club is virus free and that participation and any subsequent risk is at the discretion of the individual member.